We at Pansara would like to provide you with a safe and enjoyable candle experience. So once it leaves our workshop to come to your place, we highly recommend that you follow the below guidelines to care for your candles and get the best burn from them.
Candles are created not only with wax and oils but also a balanced combination of math and chemistry. Not to forget our passion, thoughts and love added for a finished candle. Soy candles are highly sensitive and seem to have a ‘memory’ of how they are performing, so the candle needs to burn correctly. Due to different factors that can affect the candle's behaviour and life, here at Pansara, we have put together some highly important guides to follow. This will also enable optimum burn hours for your candle.
- For the first time you light the candle, keep it burning for at least 2 to 3 hours or until the top layer of wax has completely melted and reached the edge of the container. The depth of melted wax should be about ¼ inch. This is known as a melt pool. Melt pools will help to prevent ‘tunneling’ of the candle. Tunneling is when the wax is not melted around the edges and causes a build up. Achieving a full melt pool will enable a smooth even burn each time the candle is lit. But remember after distinguishing the candle, allow it to cool completely for about 5 hours. During this time DO NOT cover the candle.
- In certain conditions if a mushroomy type of wick appears after burning, then slightly trim the wick and relight. The wick may need trimming if the flame is too high, flickering excessively or sooty; in this case distinguish the candle and let it cool. Trim the wick slightly and then relight. Trimming can be done using scissors, wick trimmers.
- Avoid burning the candle in high traffic areas.
- Do not move the candle while burning; containers can get hot to the touch.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- When the candle is lit, make sure it is away from draughts, children and pets.
- Always light on a safe surface away from other objects and well away from walls.
- Always keep candles in a cool, dry and dark place.
- Keep away from sunlight
Reach out to us if you have any questions :)